With a flourishing Farmer’s Market at Darien Community Park and fun local events like Darien Fest and the Fishing Derby, it is easy to see why families and businesses settle in Darien, IL 60561. If you are looking to buy or sell real estate in this desirable community, the legal team at Fournier Law Firm, Ltd. will work with you to make sure your transaction proceeds as smoothly as possible.
Our real estate attorney has more than 15 years of experience anticipating and resolving the issues that property buyers and sellers face. Whether you are buying or selling a home or commercial property, negotiating a lease, or hoping for a short sale to gain relief from unaffordable mortgage payments, Fournier Law Firm, Ltd. can give you the advice and representation you need to protect your interests.
Helping Darien, IL Residents Buy with Confidence
Whether you are a first-time buyer or an experienced real estate investor, consulting with a knowledgeable real estate attorney before you commit to buying property is one of the smartest ways to ensure you are making a safe investment. The real estate lawyer at Fournier Law Firm, Ltd. understands every aspect of your real estate transaction and can identify potential issues before they become a problem for you
While many buyers only consider consulting a real estate attorney when it is time to close on a property, involving Fournier Law Firm, Ltd. early in the transaction can help avoid a variety of hidden problems that can shake a buyer’s confidence including:
- Disputes over property boundary lines
- Tax assessments on the property that were not disclosed
- Disputes over property or appliances that are included in the purchase
- Financing issues
- Purchase contracts with imprecise language
- Exceptions to title insurance coverage
- Incomplete disclosure reports
Helping Darien, IL Residents Sell with Confidence
Sellers have just as many reasons as buyers to consult a real estate attorney early in their real estate transaction. Some of the many ways Fournier Law Firm, Ltd. can assist sellers include:
- Negotiations on your behalf with buyers or their legal counsel
- Contract and closing statement review
- Contract modifications
- Confirmation of buyer’s financing
- Confirmation that taxes are paid
- Payoff letter requests for any current loans
- Preparation and review of all closing documents
- Explanation of closing documents prior to signing
- Preparation of post-closing binder
In addition to these services, the short sale lawyer at Fournier Law Firm, Ltd. helps sellers in distress with short sale transactions. Many homeowners who owe more on their mortgage than their house is worth have trusted Fournier Law Firm, Ltd. to negotiate a short sale with their lender. In some cases a short sale can prevent or end foreclosure. Our attorney understands the complex nature of this real estate transaction and will work diligently to help homeowners achieve a favorable outcome.